This is a standard instrument for installation on Six Chuter Legend and Paragon panels and usually paired with the E1 engine monitoring system. Contact us at 435-619-0266 for details on full panel installations including probes and wiring harnesses.
ALT-3 Precision altimeter and VSI indicator [back to top]
The ALT-3 is a 3 1/8” instrument that contains a precision altimeter and a wide range vertical speed indicator. The altimeter conforms to ANSI standard atmosphere rules from –700 ft up to a maximum of 30,000 ft. The altimeter can display altitude in feet or meters, local pressure can be set in millibars or inches of mercury
The onboard VSI indicator is altitude compensated and can be displayed in either feet/minute (ft/min) or meters/second (m/s). It also offers a digital readout with a wide range from +/-20 ft/min to as high as +/-10 000 ft/min, it also offers a logarithmic analog display with a +/-2000 ft range. The VSI can be calibrated by the user once the instrument has been installed in the aircraft.
In addition the ALT-3 provides an OAT sender which is used in the determining the density altitude of the aircraft. The ALT-1 can also be used to measure relative altitude as well as it has a facility for the pilot to enter a reference altitude and deviation band that has to be kept.
- Precision altimeter from –700 ft up to a maximum of 30,000 ft
- The altimeter can display altitude in feet or meters, local pressure can be set in millibars or inches of mercury.
- Contains a wide range VSI indicator from +/-20 ft/min to as high as +/-10 000 ft/min
- VSI units can be in feet/minute (ft/min) or in meters/second (m/s)
- Records the maximum and minimum OAT (outside air temperature) and maximum altitude reached in permanent memory
- Records maximum and minimum OAT in temporary memory since instrument power up